Self-Employed Farmer Stream in Alberta
Self-Employed Farmer Stream Criteria (include but are not limited to):
- You must prove that you have farm management skills shown by:
- Financial documentation of your existing farm business
- Documentation of your education, training and work experience
- Proposed business plan for the farming enterprise you are considering in Alberta
- Proof that a Canadian financial institution is willing to finance your proposed farming business.
- You must have sufficient financial resources to develop a sustainable farming operation.
- You must be able to invest a minimum of CDN $500,000 of equity in a primary production farming business in Alberta.
- You must provide documents that demonstrates you have a minimum net worth of CDN $500,000 or confirmation that you have access to a similar amount of funds from other sources.
- The CDN $500,000 is the minimum amount. You may be required to show you have the ability to invest more than the minimum.
- You must invest in a primary production farming business in Alberta.
- You will have to document your investment intentions in your proposed business plan.
- Applications representing the best opportunity for growth relevant to Alberta’s agri-food targets will be given priority.